Thursday, December 13, 2007

Clipper WIP Pt.1




A few views of my actual 3D project. It's for another illustration-project at school. Our task was to illustrate a current subject for a hypothetical article for the magazine GEO.
I chose the actual attempt of russia to build a reusable replacement for their old Soyuz spaceships.
The ship is designed to carry 6 astronauts. The winged front is the part that will return to earth. While the back part, that contains the docking equipment and instruments, oxygen and fuel for the orbial maneuvers, will remain in space.
My version of Kliper won't be 100% accurate because the references I'm using are very very rough, and the design procedure isn't finished, yet. But I used a lot material of the Space Shuttle, especially Buran and other similar designed planes to devlop it in a right way (I hope).

2 comments:

fregate said...

Very nice...
Those are the best pictures.
Unfortunately this spacecraft still a DREAM...

Drakath said...

Yes, right.